Leith Harbour was a whaling station on the northeast coast of South Georgia, established and operated from 1909 until 1965. It was the largest of seven whaling stations, situated near the mouth of Stromness Bay. The whaling stations of South Georgia were laser scanned by Geometria Ltd (http://www.geometria.co.nz), with support and funding from the Government of South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands and the Norwegian Foreign Ministry.
Thanks and credit to: Daniel McCurdy
This video shows interpretation of 3D laser scan data collected from the Leith Harbour whaling Station (WAP GBR-NEW), South Georgia. The buildings explored are the Boiler House and the Machine/Engineering Shop.
No Ham radio activity have been performed from this site of the South Georgia Sub Antarctic Islands, still full of Stations, and Old Refuges, quite easy to be reached and be put on air ….